Friday, April 3, 2009


"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
~Psalm 127:3-5
I am about 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first baby and so excited to take on this next step in my life. Being a mother, wow. Here in Mexico they say that having kids is the stepping stone into adulthood, that which carries you into real maturity and wisdom. Right now I find myself soaking in every moment of this pregnancy, right now, mainly I am praising God that this moment doesn't include time suspended over a toilet. Times of prayer for this baby have been so incredibly intimate, bringing more of an assurance that this is what the Lord has for us for this time.
So for an update in the world of the miraculous, our baby will grow to about the size of an inch and a half this week. Major organs have developed including two chambers in the heart and bronchi in the lungs. The hardening of bones has begun, and this week digits will become more prominent. You can not tell that I am pregnant by appearance alone, but creation that surpasses understanding is going on in my body. Wow Lord, you are good! We will praise your name forever.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I just wept with joy at your words and with the knowing that my little grandbaby is in the loving care of his Father in heaven and 2 extraordinary parents on earth.
I love you!
Grammie

Linda said...

God's design in your and Tuckers lives now include you first sweet baby; a boy I think. Our enthusiasm in CO is only surpassed by our love of all three of you. I know what a blessing your sweet babe will be; I can only close my eyes and remember how exquisite you were honey. I love you so much. Momou. Praise God for this blessing.